Dreamweaver MX 2004 is Slow- or is it just me?

Pardus

Lurks: 15,289
Hey Guys,

I usually use BBedit for coding but need to build a site using DW and contribute. DW2004 seems crazy slow, the regular MX didnt seem much better and was just wondering if it was me and some tweaking that needs to be done to speed it up or if it was like this for everyone?

Examples of things that slow it down.
well i just went to DW, put my curser on the page and typed the letter "a" and i had a four second spinning wheel. its pretty much everything i do has a four second or so delay, sometimes longer sometimes a little quicker but there isnt much that happens instantly.

10.3 G4 867 1.5gb ram

I used it for the trial period under 10.2 and it wasn't that great. And it was slooow. I liked MX better. However I just re-installed the trial under 10.3 and we'll see if it's any better. If you could turn off the smooth text in all the dreamweaver windows it'd be much faster i think.

It seems fine for me. then again everything is slow on my Mac so I might not notice it anyways.

MX full and MX2004 trial under 10.1.5, and I've also been forced to run the mx2004 trial under M$ XP on two different machines, neither showing much speed increases. Maybe it's a program problem, who knows.

Nah, I ditched it because it was slow as a dead dog... sticking with plain MX for now... and BBEdit of course ;)

Mind you, I may try with Panther (just installed today) to see if it's any better.

Apart from the speed issue, I actually don't see enough reasons to upgrade anyway. I have got so used to developing CSS by hand, the CSS initiates DWMX2004 have (which in turn contribute to its dead-dog-speed) are not too appealing to me.

Dreamweaver has always been slow for me... Here's been my configs:
1) Dreamweaver MX on G4 450 running OS 10.2.8
2) Dreamweaver 3 / 4 / MX on G3 400 running OS 9.2.2

I think in Versiontracker's DW reviews, most people were really frustrated with the speed problem, not to mention a lot of bugs that are still there. Not upgrading here.

Back