Dreamwever wont start

Browni

Registered
For some reason dreamever wont start, i would delete the pref files because that usually works but i cant find them?

Any idea where they are?

Adam

Normally .plist files are in youruser/Library/Preferences, but if for Dreamweaver they're located in a different folder a search in finder for dreamweaver could help you to find them...

Tetano said:
Normally .plist files are in youruser/Library/Preferences, but if for Dreamweaver they're located in a different folder a search in finder for dreamweaver could help you to find them...

thanks bob, there is nothing in the configuration folder, so nope, im checking for any updates as pipermalibu suggested.

none of my macromedia Studio Apps will launch now, they just bounce a few times and then the black pointer under them dissapears and you DON'T get this app has unexpectedly quit etc, just Nothing. How come, please help!

i have the same problem. Ive tried reinstalling Dreamwever, but nothing changes. any ideas?

You could try repairing permissions but i'm not sure if that will help Dreamweaver. I know it fixes RealPlayer when it doesnt want to play streaming video.

I guess this reply may be to late but I also had the same problem. As strange as this may sound it turned out to be related to the timezone settings. I found a solution on another board that required changing the timezone to something else, saving, and then changing back. Cured my problem. It stuck in my mind because the solution was so bizarre.

I really am going to jynx myself but yeah, the only times my mx 2004 apps wont launch is when i click on them and then force quit them cause i would've launched them by accident, and basically the only way to make them launch is to restart. I dunno why it happens, however i hope macromedia makes studio mx alot better and faster in the 2005 version !!

Have you installed any fonts lately? Chances are it's a corrupt font. I had a similar problem recently with Fireworks, Dreamweaver, and FreeHand...even after reinstalls none would launch. Turned out to be a US ARMY type stencil font I had installed. Removed that and all the Macromedia programs worked fine again.

Anyone found an answer to this?
I had to reinstall a couple of Macs and now I can't get Freehand MX 11.02 to run. 11.0 works fine but nothing else. Also on another machine Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks all are MX 2004 products.
I have deleted all parts for them that I can find. Reinstalled the apps a few times. I was thinking it might be one of the security updates that broke the programs but on other machines everything is working fine.

Any Ideas????

It's not a sercurity update. Right after a OS reinstall no updates or anything installed Freehand MX 11.02 won't start.
HELP...

Back