Dude, I got a pink slip!

twister

Howdy
Well my radio station this morning said that Dell fired the Dell Dude, Steven, but reports on yahoo said that they are trying new ads without Steven, but they haven't said they let him go. Either way we should see a lot less of Steven - The Dell Dude.

Twister

I don't think they've given up quite yet. Although they are trying to create commercials that don't rely so heavily upon him.

I did run accross a great article somewhere discussing if apple should grab the actor who plays Steven... I believe his real name is Ben... for a "Switcher" ad

My name is Ben Curtis. And in real life, I'm a Mac user :)

EDIT: Man, this boy is popular! He even has his own section of Dell's site
http://www.dell4me.com/dude/

i wonder how many of those stars actually use macs ;)

it would be ironic though to see the "hi, my name is dell dude and i like mac men"

;) ;)

After looking at the dell website, they have the specs of Steven's Notebook. They really take advantage of the fact that he uses a Dell.

An apple commercial would still be pretty funny to see though. I'm not sure how effective it would be, but it would be funny.

I seen him in their new line, the Dell Interns have taken over. He was at the end, and he was like, " Dude we're gettin a Dell." If i saw that in an Apple ad, i think he would beat out the Will Ferrel clip, although his self proclaimed profession makes that one a classic.

I had thought that the "Dude" commercials were the pits and couldn't get any worse. Then I saw the new ones with the Dull interns... nuff said.

Bear

whatreally killed me were the "Put a noun here a day give away" things
i thought they were stupid

Back