DVD Player Troubles in 10.2

magnolia1240

Registered
So, I make the trip down to my newly opened Apple Store and I purchase a copy of Jaguar. I take it home, install the thing and it works beautifully. The next day, I am sitting on the couch and I decide I want to watch a DVD on my laptop. I insert the disc and DVD Player launches.

Only instead of fully launching, it quits about 3/4 of the way through. I don't get any error message. I don't get a "bleep." Nothing. The triangle flashes beneath the DVD Player icon in my dock, but suddenly stops flashing, disappears. My attempt to watch "The Usual Suspects" is foiled. Same thing happened with about 3 or 4 other DVDs.

Anyone know what would cause such an atrocity to happen? This never happened in 10.1.X. Only since 10.2 was installed has this happened. Apple reports no bugs in this department and updating the DVD software to 3.1.1 (which 10.2 did automatically) didn't do a darn thing.

Please help me. I want to watch "The Simpsons: Season 2" so badly!!!

Magnolia1240

Mine wouldn't mount to begin with...even kept spitting out the disk. A restart seem to fix that. But I do notice that it seems a bit more skippy lately. But only at startup when the disk is getting going for the first time, and then only for a couple minutes during the menus.

It's got to be a Jag thing, cause I was on the same training video both before and after the install, and the experience was very different.

Other than that, Jag Rocks

Eddie

Sorry to hear about the problems. All I can say is that it works fine on my original 500Mhz TiBook with Jaguar.

Good luck.

-Rob

I have an upgraded G3 to G4 system which falls under the "unsupported" systems for DVD player installations (why oh why do they do that?). Anyway, was running 3.1.1 under 10.1.5 very well, but now under 10.2, same problem. Does not want to play.

Since I cant find an updated DVD player on the Apple site, is there anyone with a "supported" Mac willing to put a copy of the DVD player from Jaguar into my Public folder on .Mac (andrewhicks). That way I can test whether this will work.

Thanks
Andrew

Seems like original TiBook 500 owners are lucky. Mine works without any trouble ever since 6C92 or so.

Back