DVD Player won't full screen

neuby

Registered
DVD player used to full screen movies no problem. Lately, it now has the movie playing in a small area of the screen (15" powerbook). If I manually go 'maximum size', then full screen - it increases the size of the movie, but not all the way to full screen - where it used to be.

I cannot detect any changes in preferences that would account for this change in behaviour.

Just to clarify - 'full screen' appears with the movie playing in a small region at the center of the screen, and the rest of the screen (the borders) dark. Borders are far larger black areas surrounding it.

Have you tried double clicking inside the dvd window? thats how I do it then again to get out of full screen.

double clicking just switches it to 'full screen mode' - same as choosing that from the video menu.

The problem is that 'full screen' is no longer 'full screen' as it used to be. The video image takes up only a portion of the screen, and there are thick black borders (wasted real estate) around the top bottom and sides.

Yet another instance of computers randomly switching their behaviours with no apparent reason. For two years it worked fine. Now it doesn't.

Computers - almost a good idea.

Back