DVDs won't read: "Disc is Blank" Message

gillianaire

Registered
Hey there.

I wonder if anyone out there could help me with this issue. I have a Powerbook G4. Every time I insert a movie into my drive lately, instead of opening into DVD player (like it used to) I have been getting a message that asks me what I would like to do with the blank DVD. I have tried tons of different discs, and nothing works. This is getting really frustrating. Please help!

Thanks!

Hey there.

I wonder if anyone out there could help me with this issue. I have a Powerbook G4. Every time I insert a movie into my drive lately, instead of opening into DVD player (like it used to) I have been getting a message that asks me what I would like to do with the blank DVD. I have tried tons of different discs, and nothing works. This is getting really frustrating. Please help!

Thanks!

Do you get the message also when using a data disk (or music disk). If so, most likely your drive is bad (or mac os is having some internal problem accessing the drive). The latter can be tested by booting from the cd/dvd player. If that also fails, your drive is almost certainly bad.

Good luck, Kees

Back