eBay horror stories!

i'm no legal expert, but i would think that his attempt to press some sort of action against you when yu have proof of his receiving the goods would constitute some sort of fraud in its own right. he may regret the day he decided to push the issue.
and never rule out the idea of being delusional. :D

I can see that there are whackos around and hope to avoid them. That's why I LOVE eBay. I have bought 2 lovely mac laptops with excellent service all round. I also bought an iMac 2 years ago and when it arrived the CD drive didn't work. i had paid with PayPal.The seller was furious and very hotheaded and didn't believe me. i told him I'd had it checked with a certified apple tech. After many harangues but only over a few days i used the dispute service on eBay and they froze his account. Now That's what saved the day! We finally settled, he gave me some money back and I bought and had installed a new drive. Then i looked in the old drive out of curiosity and a piece of paper fell out. Oh no! We were both right. I felt really badly for both of us. But I won't buy anywhere else because i feel I have protection. It doesn't prevent a hassle but I think it's a great way to get a great deal. But, yes indeed, keep all records!

Hey Macartist - welcome to MacOSX.com!

(btw - you replied to a thread that is 6 years old)

I'm actually attempting to sell enough stuff on eBay to purchase a Macbook Pro. One item I already sold was my Macbook. The ridiculous stories of some of the people who bought my stuff are insane, and not to mention pretty funny!

I had this idiot girl buy a broken macbook battery, and didn't realize that it didn't work, even though the descriptions said it was for parts. the emails she sent back and forth to me are hilarious- I don't know how anyone could be sooo dumb! But also, what a headache for $2.75... not worth it!

Can't wait to experience more idiots on eBay over the next few weeks here while I try to raise enough money to buy that MacBook Pro!

Back