email attachment question...

kafene

Registered
i get these attachments like files and such, but when i click on the 'link' in my e-mail, i see stuffit decompressing them... and then... nothing?:confused:

where are these files GOING?! i tried a search and nothing came up.... i don't get it. it's gotta be saved somewhere, shouldn't it?

kafene

You should see it on your desk top. Do a find with Sherlock but set the custom find settings to "find files modified today" That will help you locate it quickly.

One thing I should add...Sometimes files do not show up on the desk top for some reason. I have seen this quite a few times. Just go to your home folder and doobleclick on the desktop folder, you should then see the item you just downloaded.

hope that helps...

John

Originally posted by bossa nova
You should see it on your desk top. Do a find with Sherlock but set the custom find settings to "find files modified today" That will help you locate it quickly.

One thing I should add...Sometimes files do not show up on the desk top for some reason. I have seen this quite a few times. Just go to your home folder and doobleclick on the desktop folder, you should then see the item you just downloaded.

hope that helps...

John

tried that, but still no go... i was able to just click and hold the file and drag it to the desktop. i decompressed it from there and it worked fine. i guess that will be my workaround for now :rolleyes:

kafene

Depending on your email application your attachment files may be stored in a temporary folder, such as the /Users/YourUserName/Documents/Microsoft User Data folder for Entourage X. If Stuffit Expander's preferences are set to decompress files into their original location then that's where the decompressed files are likely to end up.

You could run Stuffit Expander and set it to always decompress files to a particular location, or you could read the Help for your email application and see if it tells you where it stores its temporary files.

Back