Entourage - Reply Using Email Address Received

rpost77

Registered
Hi,

I am using Entourage 2004 (11.2.0).

I have multiple email accounts that I receive/send mail with via a remailing service.

So, for example, I have the following email addresses (these are not real addresses but an example only):-

1) rpost@+++.com
2) rpost77@+++.com
3) rpost777@+++.com
4) rpost@---.com

Addresses 1 & 2 I retrieve the emails directly by accessing the POP server of +++.com and downloading.

Address 3 is forwarded to my ISP email address (i.e. rpost@---.com) and I retrieve these emails by accessing the POP server of my ISP (Address 4).

I have Entourage setup with 4 mail accounts under Tools -> Accounts:-

1) My remailer account (rpost@+++.com) - setup for sending & receiving.
2) Other remailer account (rpost77@+++.com) - setup for sending only.
3) Other remailer account (rpost777@+++.com) - setup for sending only.
4) My ISP account (rpost@---.com) - setup for sending & receiving.

Note that the remailer accounts ( @+++.com) all 'share' the same mailbox - addresses 1 & 2 emails are stored in the mailbox and address 3 is forwarded)

Now, when I create an email, I have a drop-down-box at the top (From:) which allows me to select which of the 4 accounts I have setup to send the email via. No problems here.

Problem is, if someone sends me an email (say to Address 2 - rpost77@+++.com) - I receive this email via Account 1 (rpost@+++.com). When I click on Reply, the account to reply via selected in the From: drop down box at the top is automatically set to the account I received the email on (rpost@+++.com) not the account I would want to send the reply via (rpost77@+++.com).

Similarly, if I receive an email address to rpost777@+++.com (which comes via my mailbox at rpost@---.com), when I hit Reply the From: default is set to reply via rpost@---.com (ISP account).

Is there any way that I can get the From: default set to the correct account I want to send via based on the address the email was actually sent to (i.e. not the address of the account that the email was received via).

Any and all help with this question is appreciated.

Regards,

Ralph Post

Back