Epson C80 and OS X Print Center...

rhinosaur

Registered
I've recently tried to add an Epson C80 to my Printer List in the Print Center and I get an error..."An unexpected error has occurred. -9624" So, it won't add the printer to the list. I've already downloaded and installed the most recent drivers. The thing is, this is exactly what it did with an Epson Stylus Color 740 that I had hooked up to it. The 740 worked for a while, but then it quit printing. So I removed the printer from the list and when I attempted to re-add it, it gave me the same "-9624" error. I was hoping that the C80 would alleviate the problem, but obviously not.

I'm just curious if there's anyone out there that has added one of these Epson printers to their list without any problems. Since it has happened to two printers, I'm beginning to think it's an OS problem, not a printer driver issue...so perhaps a reinstall of X is in order? I'd just like to hear from someone who has maybe managed to get these printers to work under OS X 10.1.2.

thanks...

my 740 works fine. I would suggest looking at the system. also might want to be sure you are using page setup everytime.

I just did a reinstall of X and it works now. That's a hard way to fix the problem though. I backed up all the Users and such and erased the X partition and did a complete reinstall. When I put the Users files back I had neglected to name all the users exactly the same which resulted in several hours of user privilege hell, All fixed now though, and I'll know better next time :)

Back