Epson R1900 installation

ehannigan

Registered
Ok - got myself an R1900 for Xmas but it will not seem to be recognized by my system.

1.83 GHZ
2 Gb DDR SRAM

The Epson is on a powered hub (with two other hard drives that mount and function onto the Macbook with ease) on approx a 10 ft USB extension to the rear USB ports.

I've installed and deinstalled the supplied software several times. It will not add the printer to the printer que. At one point in the install it asks for the USB to be connected - it's then a small animated sequence until it sees the USB cable (which it does ) and then it goes on to a dialog box that that says "Open the Printer List" - that opens nothing, even though the sidebar instructions talk about printers lists and USB dropdowns and such. Forcing past that gives you "printer not added" and there seems to be no manual way to do so. I've read that restarting the Mac past that point will add it to the printer list (nope), that removing the printers from the list that are in there (only one, a little cheapie HP 3930, which when removed comes back on the restart)...

At this point, I'm wondering if (a) I backup everything and move to Leopard and start with a clean system or if (b) someone other there see's what's happening and has a good answer I've overlooked.

Thanks,

Ed

In Print & Fax prefs, click Add (+), then click More Printers, then select Epson USB. Does your model (Print Using/driver) show up?

In Print & Fax prefs, click Add (+), then click More Printers, then select Epson USB. Does your model (Print Using/driver) show up?

Nope, clicking the "+" get's me big ol nothing ! :)

That's kinda why I'm thinking my system might be somewhat "not good"...I'm backing up right now with the last ditch plan to be a upgrade to 10.5, a clean system and a good base to work from...

Thanks for the effort though - it's appreciated.

Have you ever connected it directly (ignoring that other devices work on the hub)?

Back