Epson StylusPhoto R230 - not printing to CD

Bexford

Registered
Hi all

I bought this printer yesterday specifically to be able to print to CD - and it is the ONE function that WILL not work!

I have a dual 2.3GHz G5 running OS 10.4.3....installed the drivers from the disc. inetrestingly, the drivers on the disc were only for the R200 and R300 models...so visited the Epson site and found some for the R230.

Added the printer in the usual way....but under the Epson USB setting...the drivers do not appear. Have repaired disk permissions....re-installed and restarted etc....to no avail!

the error message I get is: 'The Epson printer driver dealing with CD printing is not installed'

is it possible that this funciton is not compatible with my version of OSX?

has anyone got any ideas?? Epson were less than helpful when I called them so am now at a dead end.

any suggestions gratefully received....

cheers!
Bexford

Hi again....

I thought I would reply to my own post (!) as FINALLY, after a week of messing around - this problem is on the verge of being solved!

Epson have just confirmed that the version of Epson EasyPrint CD included with this printer (1.4.0), aswell as the downloadable drivers from their website, IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH OX 10.4.4+

thankfully - they have produced a CD to correct this problem which is being sent direct to my office.

So - if anyone else out there struggles with this - call Epson and get them to send the CD. you will need to give the version of Epson Easy Print you are using and the serial # of the printer itself.

I will let you know how it goes but sounds hopeful at this stage!

cheers
Bexford

Interestingly enough, I have the epson R220, and it works perfectly under 10.4.4, one model away from yours.

Back