European mac-user are more convinced!

Zammy-Sam

Desertchild
I was sitting here and at once a thought caught me.
Did anyone of you ever think about the fact, that Apple is selling their products much more expensive in europe? Did you know it takes much more time till a new product finally can be found in the sellers shelves?
And did you know that the next apple-store is not just in the same block?
So, does anyone disagree with my subject? :p

I didn't think much more about it to collect even more proves! ;)

And many people on this board are from Europe? Must be why I am so fanatical, my Mom is english ;)

well, it doesn't matter how many ppl in this board are from Europe or anywhere else. It's just harder to be a mac-user when you are living in europe. And this is the basis of my argument! ;)
And now we have another info: it is inheritable! lol

:D yea, when i got my ibook they cost like 600 $ MORE in europe... the middle category products. so instead of having been like 1600 $ it was 2200 $ .. :(

But my Mom couldn't care less about Macs :(
But then again, she isn't to impressed with computers in general...

My mum has never used, or even switched on, a computer. The telly is about most high tech device she ever uses. (when she can avoid, she doesn't use even the cash machines). So even my cats use my Mac better... :D

I saw those cats, cute :)
We don't even have a telly, Mom uses the stupid PC about once a day to check e-mail.

Computers are indeed a lot more expensive, well, at least Macs are. PCs aren't that expensive ... I can get a normal PC for 500 Euros (about 550 Dollars) and an eMac would cost me 1004 Euros (again, 1104.4 in Dollars) ... Why are PCs so damn cheap and Mac isn't?? They both have 21% tax in Belgium and then the stupid import taxes for anything that comes from the US (tx bloody protectionism in the US!!!! :mad: )

Support sux here too, I know more than anybody working in the three Apple stores in Ghent! Those guys were stuck with simple problems my dad had when he brought his G4 in! Then again, he pays me now if he has a problem ;)

Mac software is hardly impossible to get by if they don't have it in-store. We have no Apple Stores (from Apple itself). Situation here sux. It took ItPro 2 months to get a QWERTY keyboard for my Powerbook, for a damn keyboard they can easily switch with one plug! It's not like they have to get it from the other end of the world, in Netherlands they bloody only sell QWERTY! (PS: I think AZERTY sux)

Just my two eurocents ...

Grtz,
.anerki

Well, anerki, welcome to the club! ;)
I have to admit, apple in germany looks much better than many other countries in europe. But still... compared to the US we are really a poor devil.
But nothing we should feel sorry about! It shows our loyality! :p
For apple we walk through the desert to get to the next apple-store, wait for Apple to develope new models, so the old ones are finally available in our stores, and finally pay our whole opulence just to be a mac-user.
;)

Don't forget that the mean European salaray is far higher than the mean American salary. And I don't speak about social security...

We pay our Mac a little more... no real problem. But indeed the quality of the service could be much better.

Originally posted by chevy
Don't forget that the mean European salaray is far higher than the mean American salary. And I don't speak about social security...

We pay our Mac a little more... no real problem. But indeed the quality of the service could be much better.

Europe is large. And e.g. in Italy the salary in North is up to 3 times better than in South. But not even in North clsoe to Switzerland ... I think (apart from Switzerland) Germany and UK have best salray - cost of living - social security relation. So what ever you earn, you probably live with it. In southern Italy the salary of a female graduate who is not (daughter of) someone and under 5 or 10 years of experience, can get like 300 $ a month. A male 500 .. and then pay the rent, buy food, computers, be in internet etc with that... how? :rolleyes:

"the salary of a female graduate who is not (daughter of) someone and under 5 or 10 years of experience, can get like 300 $ a month. A male 500 .. and then pay the rent, buy food, computers, be in internet etc with that... how?"

Surely you mean 3000$? 300 is more like one or two days of work in sweden.

If I work as a student in a store I can get up to 1500 Euros a month, and I don't pay taxes on that because I'm a student. The bar where I work I get 8-14 Euros/hour depending on what day/time I'm working. That's not too bad I feel ...

yeah, we pay 33% taxes on everything we earn above 800euro. and if you earn more than a certain amount you pay 50% in taxes. yikes!

why does my euro-signs turn into questionmarks?

Same here, well, taxes aren't that high on what you earn. But if you earn let's say 500-1000 Euros a day, you pay 55% taxes. It starts lower as 500, but I'm sure of 500 :)

PS: The Euro symbol isn't recognized on Macosx.com :-(

Decado - in practise yes. I think discriminiting by sex is not forbidden in Italy - and that happens. Sex, race, religion, all that you want.

Euro - symbol works in macosx.com, but not in Safari. Safari does not allow to use Asian charachters either. If you want to use euro-symbol, use Camino.

Back