ffmpegX

Chewy

Registered
Application : ffmpegX (video/audio encoder)
Creator : Major :p
URL : http://homepage.mac.com/major4
Why : It rocks ! If you need to convert audio or video (especially movies) you ought to check it out, read the homepage it says it all. Flexible, powerfull and fast. Constantly updated and still is years after its been created (not like other projects that vanished). Good community and forums for lots of help and info. Not just a GUI on unix tools, an intelligently built tool as easy it can get with that many features. 15 $ shareware - best bang for the buck !

I really like this but does anyone have any comments about the quality of the movies you change? I like to know about how good they are before I buy.

It's not bad, and it all depends on the bit rate you use to encode your movies. Why not just download it and try it out before buying?

The quality is as good as you want it to be, there are 2 factors : encoding time, check all the quality options to get the best result, and/or raise bitrate (increases movie size). I've tried other tools and this one has enough options to let you fine tune the way you want.

I downloaded it after reading this post. I have a old Sabbath video I wanted to preserve on a dvd. I am totally an beginner with this program, and many of the options are beyond my knowledge. The app did the work well, and I am pleased.

Back