Final Cut Pro Files Gone!!!!!!!

ajmax

Registered
I had a fcp project on an external hard drive hooked up to a powerbook g4.
I hooked up that same hard drive to my Imac g5 to put it to my other hard drive that is hooked up to the imac so i can continue working on the project in the imac.
I noticed that there was some trash in the trash can so i emptied it....
After i did that i opened up my fcp project (now that it has been transfered to the imac external hard drive ) and noticed that my media files were missing , I couldn't locate them any where..
they were not in the cache or save files...
Did I loose them when i emptied out the trash.. or can they be saved?

ajmax

Immediately cease using the drive to reduce the risk of overwriting the files. Recovering deleted files in OS X is chancy at best and any activity on the drive is very likely to overwrite at least part of the files. DataRescue II is designed to recover really trashed drives but it may be able to help in your case. You can download and try it to see if it will work before you have to shell out $99. It has a good reputation with users. FileSalvage is specifically written to recover deleted files. I haven't tried it and I haven't seen that many posts about it either pro or con. Movie Salvage 4.2 is from the same vendor as File Salvage and is targeted specifically at recovering video files such as those from Final Cut Pro.

Hopefully one of these will be able to recover your files.

Back