F'ing, bloody, sh'ty Internet Connect. AGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

alexachucarro

I'm 1/4 Basque you know?...
I am rather vexed by the audacious 20 minute delay when one presses the "Connect" button to actually being able to hear the modem dial up. I feel quite perplexed and muddled.

But that gentleman, Steve Jobs, he really must pull his proverbial socks up.

Where is the OS 10.2 release?

Additionally, I'd rather enjoy seeing the date as it was meant to be. Instead of having that rather confusing American date format, it'd be nice to have it in the English format.

DAY/MONTH/YEAR

EDITED BY MODERATOR! I'm getting tired of this....

EDITED BY ALEXACHUCARRO! I'm getting tired of this too...

Look. I personally don't care about vulgarities. But, KIDS READ THIS! This is supposed to be a PROFESSIONAL and helpful board. I really dislike having to clean up your remarks so my 8 year-old sister doesn't look at the forum I moderate and see stuff like that.

Let's be adult, OK?

Don't make me get the soap:D

That was awful, do you really need to swear that much to get your point accross. As said before this is a forum for everyone. Speak as if you are talking to the whole world on a stage, because thats is basically what you are doing! I don't even want to address your problem because of the way you stated it.

Thanks. Let's not go overboard and severely limit individuals right to express themselves in as stupid a way as they see fit. I just don't want to have to continuously clean up others' messes. ADMIN could be held responsible for defamatory/harassing/slanderous/etc remarks on this board. Won't happen on my watch.

Moderation, dudes...

Besides, the poster of this thread seems to have faded away. let's get back to normal and continue on the way we have thus far. We've always been relatively cool with each other and I think we can all self-regulate enough that this will not be a problem.

Maybe there was a full moon or something.

Originally posted by apb3
Look. I personally don't care about vulgarities. But, KIDS READ THIS! This is supposed to be a PROFESSIONAL and helpful board. I really dislike having to clean up your remarks so my 8 year-old sister doesn't look at the forum I moderate and see stuff like that.

Let's be adult, OK?

Don't make me get the soap:D

how's that then? I pray I never offend again.

Originally posted by apollo
There is an unofficial fix for the Internet connect hanging problem.
Check the following thread:
http://forums.macnn.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=46&t=004005

-Dimitris

nice one mate.

As for Kids reading this forum. Children should be outside getting muddy, climbing trees, running through fields, looking at farm animals, going for bike rides.

Not going on the web to the extent that they check out chat forums. Oh dear. Fair enough, supervised research about "why DID the Roman empire collapse" but there's all sorts of stuff on the web.

I found out recently how to make Ammonium Triiodide. Nasty stuff, but fun!

read my post again and you'll see I am not going after you personally. You have no idea how much "clean up" being a moderator involves.

This is a great board and helps many. some of the things I've "cleaned up" could have been legally actionable in several jurisdictions. Without the clean up, admin may not have a board - or a bank account. So cool it with the sarcasm.

Back