Firefox asks for Password

keitaro1984

Registered
Hi, I've just bought my first mac, and I've had it for about a week now. There is one little problem that is driving me crazy. Every time I start fire fox it asks for my security device password. Firefox opens and works no matter what I type in there(even if I press cancel) so I was wondering if anyone knew how to help me! Thanks!

Welcome to the Mac and OSX.com. I am not sure about the problem, for some reason do you have the proxy setting turned on? If you can post a screen shot, that may be more helpful.
You will find people on this site are extremely knowledgeable and nice. Enjoy!

You may have let Firefox save a user name and password for a site you often visit. Some sites almost demand you sign in once you've registered by automatically requesting log-in details. In that case Firefox will present the popup asking for your master password so it can supply the user/pass for the website.

Set a Master Password in Preferences -> Privacy -> Passwords

thanks to both of you, but it turns out it was some wonkyness with the gmail notification extention in firefox, I managed to figure this out only a few minutes ago. Thanks again for the help!

Back