Fireworks MX, Dreamweaver MX, Studio MX announced!

simX

Unofficial Mac Genius
While I don't have anything invested in the announcement, I know some do. So I'd just like to inform you all that Macromedia will today announce that Fireworks MX, Dreamweaver MX, and Studio MX (a new product for the Mac), will all ship natively for Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X next month (May).

All rejoice! Now all we need is RealPlayer and QuarkXPress. :p

By the way, just go to MacCentral.com to read all about these products.

Yeah. Where is Director MX?:(
It's all coming together people.:D
Not many apps left to make. OS 9 gets deader by the minute.
Anyone else think the new Macromedia icons are really awful? I don't mind Flash Players white icon, but the rest are horrible.

I've used Dreamweaver for the last 3 years, and have been anxiously anticipating it's release for OS X. The leaked beta showed great promise. However, I've gone back to GoLive. The reasons are numerous, but after working with both for a while, I've come to appreciate GoLive's interface, and mostly, it's tight integration with other Adobe applications. I still think Dreamweaver has far superior site management and CSS editing/organizing features, but overall, I felt Adobe had the better OS X product.

This wasn't an easy decision, especially because my company is standarized on Dreamweaver. But since it's all HTML, it won't be a problem.

1 - Yes the icons for MM are now AWEFUL! (They got rid of the fantistic Neville Brody designs of the last couple of years!!!)
2 - Yes, forget MM, I'm with Adobe all the way (except for Livemotion, I think Adobe have essentially tried to recreate a MM application, not their own application.):eek:
3 - I love GoLive!!

Originally posted by uoba

2 - Yes, forget MM, I'm with Adobe all the way (except for Livemotion, I think Adobe have essentially tried to recreate a MM application, not their own application.):eek:
3 - I love GoLive!!

What is wrong with LiveMotion? I think it a lot easier to use than Flash. I have both Flash 5.0 and LM 1.0... I only use LM... cause flash is a pain in the ass.

But I will buy all the new Macromedia stuff... just incase I have to open something that an Adobe product cannot handle. like flash (.fla) files.

Actually, I think the new icons are pretty nice.

I downloaded the previews of DW and FW. Nice interface, rather slow on my iMac DV @ 400 MHz - hardly suprising. Haven't tried in OS 9, though.
I noticed Fireworks supports Sheets, at least to some extent. It also appears to support Services, only they don't work :)

I have a question comeing from my background as a code monkey.... What exactly does fireworks do. It looks to prepare images for the web, but does it do anything else?

Is it a photoeditor (along the lines of a low power photoshop) or is it something else entirely?

Back