flat monitor res

talyn

Registered
I got a Dell ultraSharp 19" flat screen monitor (as a present, and I can´t give back).
I´m using it with my G4 533, but the maximum resolution I can get is 1024x768@75mhz but the optimum resolution is supposed to be 1280x1024@60mhz (it say so in the screen options) Can I get this resolution?

thanks

I suppose you are talking about a crt-screen. Meaning non-lcd-screen. Well, first of all: a horizontal frequence of 75Hz (not mhz! ;)) is too low! And you don't want to consider 60Hz.
And there comes the problem. 60Hz is just not ergonomic. That's why the 1280x1024 resolution doesn't pop up in your list.
I think your screen must have a very low vertical frequence (kHz), since it can just make 75Hz at 1024...
Believe me, 1024x768 should be enough for you to be able to work without damaging your eyes

find out the exact specs for your model through google or something. i thought your monitor should do 1280 x 1024 at 75 Hz and that is OK for a LCD. there is a checkbox in your display settings for recommended settings, uncheck that and set it to the highest setting for 75hz according to your monitor tech spec

I think talyn is using a crt-screen. I checked for the Dell screens and there is no 19inch lcd available. But all those 19'' screens should make much better at 1280x1024 than 60Hz..
Try Pardus advice and if you are still stucked come back and post! ;)

Originally posted by talyn
I got a Dell ultraSharp 19" flat screen monitor...
Read the original post, people.
I´m using it with my G4 533, but the maximum resolution I can get is 1024x768@75mhz but the optimum resolution is supposed to be 1280x1024@60mhz (it say so in the screen options) Can I get this resolution?
Does the picture look blurry at 1024x768? If it does, you are not running at the native resolution. We have a 19" CRT that goes up to 1920x1080 (widescreen) or 1600x1200 (normal ratio), but it's a CRT and every resolution looks as sharp as the next (almost).

How much VRAM does your G4 have? (This is video RAM, not regular RAM. This is on your graphics board.) What kind of graphics board do you have? You may need a better graphics processor.

EDIT: Forgot a couple VB tags. They have been added.

lcds look blurry when they are not running at the native res. And this "flat screen" must be a lcd. Makes sense...

Back