FontBook misgivings

uoba

Re: member
It seems to have deleted all my hard work setting up font sets and even the fonts from one of the partitions! (it's okay, I'm only playing with Panther, not using it seriously).

However, FontBook is very buggy... I get the feeling this was rushed out for the Developer Preview.:rolleyes:

Not only is it buggy, but right now it will only activate fonts in Cocoa programs, not Carbon. This makes it pretty useless since 95% of the main graphics programs are still Carbon based....

I'm sure this is just because it's a developer preview. There's no way Apple would try to pass this app off to designers if it only worked with Cocoa apps... Right? Right???? Right??????

Same here Fahrvergnuugen... no Arial (haven't checked on Verdana). And, after a full clean install as well (Aren't Arial and Verdana Microsoft fonts ;) )

Hmm... That's sad, though, as many websites use those fonts. So you have to install IE or MS Office v. X to get the fonts (or upgrade Jaguar to Panther). Is MS causing trouble licensing those fonts? Should Apple include IE all the same?

Anything that needs Arial just defaults to Helvetica (which is nicer anyhow) ;)

I'm not sure on the licensing rights of Arial. Whether the same rules apply to it as commercial fonts or not (considering it's just a redraw of Helvetica anyhow) :(.

The screen version of Arial is free, while the the bitmap one is available on the Adobe FontFOlio 9 CD (Arial MT/Bold).

um font book activates fonts in all programs for me thus far, carbon and cocoa o_O

(luckily i had a backup of my font organization elsewhere ;))

Back