Free Apple Scanner for pickup in Minneapolis

MDLarson

Registered
So... we're moving, and I'm getting rid of junk. I don't know why I had this Apple Scanner; I never used it.

It's got a couple of big SCSI ports on the back and a serial port for an AppleTalk connection. Power and SCSI cable would be included, and also the original manuals and floppy disks. You probably want a really old Mac (Mac Plus / SE / II) to be able to run AppleScan and have the SCSI port.

I'm pretty sure it works, I just never had an old enough OS to run the software. It's big and heavy.

I don't really want to ship it anywhere, and I bet no one would want to pay the shipping, so if you want it, come pick it up in North Minneapolis! If you don't, I'm throwing it out!

Hey, you're a year too late. A relative of mine just got rid of her Apple Performa not too long ago. I live pretty close too (Western Wisconsin). Good luck selling it. I know you would have to ship it but give eBay a shot. I'm sure some dude in Southern Nebraska would love nothing more.

I'd be willing to pick it up. I'm putting together some systems to give to people, and a scanner would help with any of them.

Bummer, it's just grey scale, I was hoping it was one of the color ones that VueScan actually supports...

Brian

Ahhh, RacerX. My old acquaintence! :)

Btoneill, are you interested? Otherwise RacerX is the lucky winner!

Oh, dude. You posted just as I was posting! RacerX, I'll PM you my address and we can figure a date out too.

MDLarson said:
Oh, dude. You posted just as I was posting! RacerX, I'll PM you my address and we can figure a date out too.

Are you moving out of the Twin Cities? Or just elsewhere in the Cities? I wonder how many of us there are on here anyways...

Brian

btoneill said:
Are you moving out of the Twin Cities? Or just elsewhere in the Cities? I wonder how many of us there are on here anyways...

Brian
We're just moving to Maple Grove, northwest of the cities a little. North Minneapolis has been a great starter home for us, but we're "moving up" into a new townhouse. I like Minnesota enough to stay, although my wife wouldn't mind moving somewhere warmer... :)

btoneill said:
Where in Maple Grove? I can see the community center out my back window :)

Brian
LOL, actually, it's like really close to Jesse Ventura's place. Go west on County Road 30 from 94, almost to 101 and it's on the right. New "Delgany" townhome neighborhood. Pretty nice.

Where's the community center? Towards the south-east side of Maple Grove?

Ahhh, you're going down by where Mama G's is. I used to live in a townhouse the other direction on 30 off of 94. The community center is behind Cub Foods right on Weaver Lake Road past Elm Creek Blvd. I'm just past where Main Street and Weaver Lake Road meet.

btoneill said:
I wonder how many of us there are on here anyways...

Well, everyone is invited to join us at the Mac OS X SIG. It is the first Tuesday of every month at 7:00 PM. The Foundation downtown has been providing us with a space for the meeting. Last month I gave a talk on Stone Design's Create and other software that people don't hear much about.

Back