Free POP3 capable email address

GadgetLover

Senior Member & Tech Guru
I need to create a new email address for submitting emails to organizations that I do not have a high level of privacy trust for -- namely avoidance of SPAM. Yahoo.com is going to be changing its POP3 access soon (it will be a pay service). Since I already have REAL ISP email, I do not need nor want to pay for another service.

How do you feel about hotmail (I'm concerned about Mi¢ro$oft's privacy policy and traffic monitoring)? I was also thinking about creating an extra mac.com address but don't want Apple to have to deal with SPAM either. (I HATE SPAM!)

Any ideas, suggestions?

Micro$oft's Hotmail spam filtering is a bad joke! I've got an account there which is set to the highest level - only messages from folks in my address book should be delivered. But hundreds of spam messages make it through.
What a surprise - a M$ product that doesn't work! ;)
Try hotpop.com. You can get a free POP3 account with them, as long as you agree to accept occasional advertising emails. But it's really not bad. I get about one ad message a week.

why not mac.com? worrying about apple dealing with spam seems a bit overprotective of our friends in cupertino.

Back