Frustrating - duplicated my songs! help :(

Lozza

Registered
Hi there,

Hoping someone can help with itunes duplicating songs on my ipod? I have a g5 and a 60gig video ipod. Its been okay up until recently when I plugged it in to put a new cd on and was told me it was uploading 800 songs. I presumed I'd downloaded a bunch and forgot about it (maybe during some drunk surfing :eek: ) but when it had finished I realised it had duplicated a bunch of cd's I already had on there.

Now I have to go through and manually delete 790 songs that it duplicated and I'm so mad! Does anyone know why it did this and how to prevent it? It's set to manual update, so I just drag my library/songs to my ipod in itunes. No1 else has plugged their ipod into my machine...

thanks for any help,

To find duplicate songs..

(from iTunes help)

Finding duplicate songs in your library or a playlist
You can search your library or a playlist for all the songs that have the same title and artist.

Select Library or a playlist in the Source list, then choose Edit > Show Duplicate Songs.

Only songs with the same title and artist are displayed in the iTunes window.

To see all the songs in your library or playlist again, click the Show All Songs button at the bottom of the iTunes window.

I had similar porblems - the duplicates aren't on the machine (g4 powerbook) but in the ipod. My 60 gb ipod updates fine --- my ipod mini fills up with duplicates for these songs

Nigel

Back