FS : 14" 700mhz g3 iBook - 640 RAM

g/re/p

I can haz cigar?
Purchased new on 8 Jul 2002.
Am selling so i can buy a new Powerbook.

The iBook is in excellent condition - please pm
me to discuss the price if you are interested.

You will be have to pay for all associated
shipping costs - i require that shipping
insurance be purchased as well.

Technical Data

Processor, Memory, and Motherboard

Processor: 700 MHz PowerPC G3
System Bus Speed: 100 MHz
Number of Processors: 1
RAM:640 MB
L2 Cache: 512 KB

Operating System and Software

Operating System: Mac OS X
Special Features: AirPort ready
Bundled Software: Mac OS X,Mac OS 9.2,Quick
Time,iPhoto,iTunes
2,iMovie 2,AppleWorks,Microsoft IE

Keyboard and Mouse

Keyboard: 77 keys
Pointing device(s): Apple Trackpad

Hard Drive

Size: 30 GB
Hard Drives: 1

Optical Drives, Other Mass Storage

CD-RW: 24x (read), 8x (write)
DVD-ROM: 8x
Combo Drive: Yes

Graphics and Display

Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon
Graphics RAM: 16 MB
Display Diagonal Size: 14.1 inches
Display Viewable Size: 14.1 inches
LCD Native Resolution: 1024-by-768
Colors at Native Resolution: 16000000
LCD Type: active-matrix

Sound

Speakers: Built-in stereo speakers

Ports and Connectivity

USB Ports: 2
FireWire Ports: 1
S-Video Out Ports: 1
NTSC/PAL Ports: 1
Modem: 56 Kbps
Network Connection: 10/100BASE-T Ethernet
VGA Video Out Ports: 1

Cases and Expandability

Size (LWH): 10.2 inches, 12.7 inches, 1.35 inches
Weight: 5.9 pounds

Power

Supported Voltages: 100-240 VAC 50-60 Hz

__$600 and its yours!__________________

How much do you want for it? I'm looking into buyin a new iBook 12" 700 Mhz G3, but if the price is right i'll go for this.

This iBook is still for sale - it needs a new harddrive, but is o/w in excellent
condition. I have been booting it to an external FW drive running 10.3.5
and have had no problems. $600 and its yours!
(this was NOT the original asking price - the original message was edited without my input)

That sounds like a good deal. It should be noted though that getting people to install the hard drive can be a hassle at times. At least here in the UK.

If anyone is interested in doing the hard drive upgrade themselves (its fun and saves money), check out my thread at http://macosx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45240.

I think $600 is a good deal.

The dead harddrive is the reason i am selling it so cheap - if i fix the harddrive, i will probably keep it.

why not just buckle down and buy a HD for it? It's a lot cheaper than buying a whole new notebook. A bad hard drive isn't the best reason to sell a good system, IMHO.

Not very cheap IMO. I bought my G3 900 14" about a year ago for $800, and that was for a brand new unopened one.

Check what they're going for on E-Bay right now. Those run and they're barely getting what you're asking.

http://search.ebay.com/ibook-700mhz_W0QQsokeywordredirectZ1QQfromZR8

The range for yours, if it was in running condition, would probably be $500 to $600. Given that the HD is out and that's not a fix for the faint of heart, drop that # by anywhere from $200 to $300 and you might get a bite.

It'll cost around $90 to find a replacement drive for that machine of the same size (or slightly larger). Last I checked it was around $149 charge to replace the HD in one of these and that's if you can find someone who's qualified or crazy/willing enough to do it. That's why mine never saw that speedy 7200rpm 60gb Hitachi drive I wanted.

It'll cost around $90 to find a replacement drive for that machine of the same size (or slightly larger).

For g/re/p or anyone considering buying his iBook...

I got a 14" iBook 16Vram (same as g/re/p's) laying around. All the keys work, the battery held charge the last time I used it, and the screen had no dead pixels as far as I know. US$50 plus shipping.

Reason for low price: faulty logic board. And no, you can't send it to Apple for free repair under the Expanded Logic Board Repair Extension Program because its serial number was scraped off and Apple System Profiler shows a tampered serial number (12345678v, I think).

Yeah, as the iBook stands, I might get up to 200 bucks if I sold it by parts to the right people, but eh... that entails more trouble than I'm willing to go through. But who knows, I might put it up on eBay and see what's up...

mdnky said:
Not very cheap IMO. I bought my G3 900 14" about a year ago for $800, and that was for a brand new unopened one.

Check what they're going for on E-Bay right now. Those run and they're barely getting what you're asking.

http://search.ebay.com/ibook-700mhz_W0QQsokeywordredirectZ1QQfromZR8

The range for yours, if it was in running condition, would probably be $500 to $600. Given that the HD is out and that's not a fix for the faint of heart, drop that # by anywhere from $200 to $300 and you might get a bite.

It'll cost around $90 to find a replacement drive for that machine of the same size (or slightly larger). Last I checked it was around $149 charge to replace the HD in one of these and that's if you can find someone who's qualified or crazy/willing enough to do it. That's why mine never saw that speedy 7200rpm 60gb Hitachi drive I wanted.

Except for the HDD, my ibook is in good condition and has been very well taken care of - my research indicates that $600 is actually a pretty fair price.
Ebay is really not a valid resource to determine
what an iBook is worth.

I plan to replace the HDD when i can spare the cash,
but thought i would see if someone was interested.

Back