400MHz PowerMac G3 (Blue and white)
640mb RAM
6Gb HD
CD-ROM
In addition to stock ADB, USB, and FireWire ports, it has a SCSI port
Keyboard, mouse
No boxes or manuals

Also:
USB Floppy Drive (with original packaging)
Keyspan Serial Adapter
U.S. Robotics external modem
Mac OS X 10.2 (with original packaging)

I'm asking $350 + shipping. If you live in St. Louis, MO, come by and pick it up and forget shipping!

--Josh

P.S. - For just a little more, I can include Adobe's "Dynamic Media Collection" which contains Photoshop 6, Illustrator 9, Premier 5.1, and AfterEffects 4.1 with original packaging and manuals.

This computer is still available. It's a great setup for a student, especially if you're going into design or publishing.

Contact me by email if you're interested or have any questions at all!

--Josh

I'm using a 400 MHz G3 too, and I can confirm this is a great computer. maybe the disk should be changed for a 40+GB, but everything else is ok if you make no movie.

Thanks for the note. I agree, it's a great computer that offers the best of the old and new... you can use legacy devices (adb keyboards & mice, scsi scanners) and the newest stuff (firewire drives, cameras, etc)

It also runs Star Wars Jedi Knight II respectably. :)

If you're interested in purchasing it, please contact me. I'm happy to respond to any questions, comments, or offers.

--Josh

Can it have wireless capability to work with my Airport Extreme network in my apartment? and will it work with a VGA monitor? If so, let me know!

drunkmac said:
Can it have wireless capability to work with my Airport Extreme network in my apartment? and will it work with a VGA monitor? If so, let me know!

I *believe* it can work with Airport, but am not positive. It has pci slots and firewire, so I assume it could connect with whatever airport peripherals are available.

It can definitely connect to a VGA monitor. I was using it with a Gateway 2000-branded monitor myself.

--Josh

802.11b/g is 802.11b/g no matter who it's from. It's an IEEE standard. So if you get a Mac compatible WiFi card (even if it's not Apple-branded) and use an Airport Basestation or a Linksys wireless access point or whatever 802.11b/g compatible access point, they will talk to one another.

802.11a, however, is not compatible with any of these, so I would stay away from it. Yes, it is faster than 802.11b and .11g, but the actual signal range is much smaller than that of 802.11b/.11g.

Was asking if I could basically add an aiport card or usb wireless device. I have Airport Extreme (G) in my house.

drunkmac said:
Was asking if I could basically add an aiport card or usb wireless device. I have Airport Extreme (G) in my house.

Theoretically, either should work. So long as there is support for Macintosh in the software for the USB wireless adapter.

Just make sure that it's either 802.11b or 802.11g. 802.11a isn't compatible with either of the other two, while 802.11g is backwards compatible with 802.11b (which is the older 11 Mbps standard, as in the original Airport basestation).

Back