Getting original install discs

Jesse714

Tech In Training
does anybody know where i can get the Original install Discs for my 2.16GHz macbook? (besides ebay please)
I don't know where to start looking, so can anyone lend a hand?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Those may not work as it has to be for the exact model of the MacBook.

You can get the restore discs calling from AppleCare, 1-800-APLCARE.

Or get Snow Leopard discs in a few weeks and use those for restoring - if you don't need the old versions of the software that were provided with those install discs.

Thanks for the number, How much do they charge?

I'm just looking around trying to figure out how much they'll cost me to get a set. I'm trying to do my best to prepare my MacBook to be sold. I mean just like EDCC said, there really isn't a point in spending 50 if im not going to see anymore out of it, but i f i can get the discs, i honestly believe that it will sell alot faster.

hi,

sorry if this sounds irrelevant to the discussion at hand. i just joined as member and have difficulty trying to post a new message...so kind of got onto this option to get in a voice....would appreciate if anyone can help me with your words of wisdom!

i have an old iBook G4 and it's loaded with Mac Os 10.0 and internet explorer 5.5.
i find that i have difficulty accessing many websites and the webpages either do not get displayed or they come out looking really funky.

is it because my mac os 10.0 version is too jurrassic? but how high a mac os version can my ibook G4 accept?

or is it my internet explorer version is too ancient that i cannot view websites properly?

would really appreciate your advice as i hope to upgrade the software if necessary - but intend to keep the ibook as it looks very new(i hardly used it!)

cheers!
mei

I have no idea which game you are running, but the iBook G4 never shipped with MacOS X 10.0. The oldest model iBook G4 shipped with MacOS X 10.3.

You'll have to provide the specs on your "G4" As MisterMe said, there isn't a G4 that came with 10.0, its possible that you have a G3, Without provide specs, i couldn't really tell you.

On your display bezel, Does it say iBook, or iBook G4?

Back