Good news, bad news: Office X Update & Palm Sync!

GadgetLover

Senior Member & Tech Guru
http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/0206/03.office.php

GOOD NEWS: SR-1 supposedly out today!!
BAD NEWS: Palm X conduit ... not until July 15th!!!!!!!

[Read the article itself for full article and actual details of feature improvements of Service Release 1.

Microsoft announces Office v. X update, Messenger 3.0
by Jim Dalrymple, jdalrymple@maccentral.com
June 3, 2002 12:01 am ET

Microsoft Corp.'s Macintosh Business Unit (MacBU) today announced the release of an update to its popular Office suite of applications -- Word, Excel, Entourage and PowerPoint -- as well as a new version of the company's instant messaging application Messenger. The MacBU also announced it will release a Palm Sync conduit for users of Entourage on July 15, 2002 -- the update will be available as a free download.

MacBU General Manager Kevin Browne first announced news of the pending Service Release 1 for Office v. X and Palm conduit during an event at the company's Mountain View, CA headquarters in mid-April.

Making good on his promise, the MacBU's first update to Office v. X contains 1500 performance improvements, updates, new features and fixes that affect every application in the suite.

"Microsoft is committed to providing the most seamless experience possible with the Office v. X Service Release 1, particularly in terms of compatibility and ease of use," said Browne. "To that end, we have made more than 1,500 improvements, updates, fixes and new features in SR 1 that make Office v. X faster, more stable and more reliable than ever. With great new features like Quartz text smoothing, FileMaker and ODBC, which help Office v. X connect with Mac OS X and other applications more seamlessly, users will see why downloading SR 1 from the Mactopia Web site is so important."

{Read Article for The Rest!}

Good news about the update. I'll go download it as soon as I get home.

Too bad about the Palm conduit. I'm dumping my XP box, and that's going to limit the sync-ing I can do.

-Rob

How the hell did MS get away with releasing VERY expensive software that had 1000 errors?

It know's if you put in a key from Surfers Serials and it erases it!! You won't be able to use Office unless you bought it.

Just a word of warning for those who don't have a legal copy. ;)

Twister

Maybe that's because the term 'Surfers Serials' turns up much too often on forums like this. ;)

Back