Help.app doesn't work!

platz

Registered
Just downloaded Help.app and followed the simple installation instructions. I was already to go, but it wouldn't launch! I'm using OS X 10.2.8 – is this the problem?

Im using the latests OSX, the application launches and immediately says it cant connect to the Internet, even though I am. Each of the connection tests is passed.

Trying to list my support questions generates some kind of sql error. Submitting questions also fails.

I can create a profile, which it cliams to have published, but nothing appears on my account on the website.

happykoala said:
Im using the latests OSX, the application launches and immediately says it cant connect to the Internet, even though I am. Each of the connection tests is passed.

Trying to list my support questions generates some kind of sql error. Submitting questions also fails.

I can create a profile, which it cliams to have published, but nothing appears on my account on the website.

same here

platz said:
Just downloaded Help.app and followed the simple installation instructions. I was already to go, but it wouldn't launch! I'm using OS X 10.2.8 – is this the problem?

I am running MacOS 10.2.6 and I have the same problem. Errr, well, it launches but then exits immediately. The Release Notes hint at "both" OS's which I assume means 10.3 and 10.4. Anybody else have success with 10.2?

p.s. I would go to 10.2.8 but I lose my USB and Firewire add-on card. I have a beige PowerMac so I can't go higher than the 10.2 series....

Have ANY of you guys tried searching the forums? Somewhere in there someone would have mentioned OnyX. Download the correct one for your version of OS X and run it. It has an option to fix the Help portion for OS X.

Back