Help! Very strange stuff showing up in Console

celeborn

Usability & WordPress fan
I had a peep in Console just now, and was suprised to see some very strange stuff that certainly doesn't look like normal system messages. This is a snippet from Console.log:

Queue entry checksum mismatch : 0
May 30 11:46:51 kanetti53 lookupd[205]: DNSAgent: dns_send_query_server - timeout for 195.74.0.55

Ha, but my life is a box of wormgears.
Pardon me for breathing, which I never do any way so I don't know why I bother to say it, oh God, I'm so depressed.
Funny, how just when you think life can't possibly get any worse it suddenly does.
May 30 12:00:42 kanetti53 /sbin/autodiskmount[101]: disk1 ??? hfs no no OmniWeb-2002-05-28-English /Volumes/OmniWeb-2002-05-28-English

I'm not getting you down at all, am I?
Pardon me for breathing, which I never do any way so I don't know why I bother to say it, oh God, I'm so depressed.
May 30 12:09:56 kanetti53 WindowServer[68]: CGXDisableUpdate: Updates disabled by connection 0xd58b for over 1.000000 seconds

Do you want me to sit in the corner and rust, or just fall apart where I'm standing?

Any idea what that is? A virus? A programmer trying to be funny? I've got no idea how long this behaviour has been going on, as I've never really had any reason to open up Console.

Your computer is depressed, can't you see that? take it out for ice cream once in a while and maybe you won't see those messages anymore. :)

Seriously, it's from the Logitech Mouse Driver. Search the boards for Marvin and you'll find the thread.

Back