help!!!!

cleo

Registered
somehow i deleted the word purchased music on my itunes...i have the songs but not listed on my on my itunes...how do i get it back?..and do i have to put
all the songs back and make a purchased playlist???......

Next time you purchase a song (get one of the free downloads), iTunes will automatically re-add the playlist.

i did the the free one but all i got was that...now if i plug in my ipod or iphone
will i lose the songs?..or will they go back on the playlist?...the word purchased is there now but just the 1 song i just got free.... now what do i do?
thanks

I see what you mean. I add "iTunes Music Store" to the comment field of all my purchased songs to make it easier to find them. If you just deleted the playlist, your music will be in the Music Library. Change you column view of Music to "kind" and look for :

- Protected AAC audio file (.m4p - 128 kpbs)
- Purchased AAC audio file (.m4a - 256 kpbs)

Once you find them, drag them back into the Purchased playlist. If you did actually delete them, when you plug you iPod in, iTunes will prompt you that there is purchased music on the iPod that isn't in you music library and if you would like to copy it across.

well i pluged in my ipod it didnt prompt anything it just put in the song i just bought.. and the playlist on my ipod went away???...so now im afraid to plug in my iphone...like i said
i do have the songs but i didnt want to have to drag over 400 songs to the playlist...and i
didnt understand when you said itunes music store to comment field..maybe you can explain it better.... sorry if im a pain...thanks....

Attached is a screenshot of my Music Library. Click on the "Kind" column and it will sort the view that way. Then you click on the first song, hold the Shift key and click on the last song, selecting all in-between. Then drag those songs into the playlist. It's super easy!

You can also create a smart playlist and specify the above-mentioned file types.

As for the comment I add, attached is another screenshot.

Don't worry, if all the songs are in the Music Library, you can't delete them by syncing. They just won't be on the iPod/iPhone until they're back in a playlist that is set to sync. This also brings about another thing: do you backup your music?

Btw, you're not a pain! Everyone has to learn something! I've just spent hundreds of hours on my 13,000 songs. That's after I deleted 3,000+...

Attachments

• iTunes Music Columns.jpg
    iTunes Music Columns.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 4
  • iTunes Comment.jpg
    iTunes Comment.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 4
thank you so much it looks easy i will work on it tomorrow..i will let you know how it works out......thanks again scoops98

Back