hhheeeeelllllllppppppp meeeeeeee .. please.....

eyedea

Registered
going mad here....... I've got a new iMac and successfully linked my Epson 760 to it - everything seems fine, printing no problem - until my printer needs cleaning - can't get to it in PrintCenter... just won't let me 'configure' ....
I need to print quite a few urgent things and need to get to the printer utilities to reset head alignment and clean them....
Any ideas anyone...?? Just don't know what to do....???

Another question while I'm here - I'm using Painter, my favourite program :) ... - and for some reason the preferences are geyed out... has anyone had the same problem...?

I'd appreciate any tips or pointers.... :) Please save my sanity - while I've still got it....
Thanks, Prisca

Mh, yea, call Apple tech support. I just think that the above phone number was the US - tech support, not UK. But the UK tech support number should be in the documents you got with your Mac. :)

You can also try to run the epson utility directly it is called "EPSON Printer Utility" and it can be found in Library/Printers/EPSON/Utilities

I don't know that that will work in your case or not but it works for my HP.

Good Luck,
-Eric

I think you can get Epson printers to envoke it's cleaning routine by pressing a combination of buttons on the printer's console and holding them down for like 5 seconds or something.
You may need to rtfm. (pg39 of the pdf)

thanks everybody :) thanks for getting back to me....

lurk - perfect solution!! thanks so much...!!! it works - can't believe my luck!! Appreciate it!!!!!!! :) :) :) saved me a lot of grief there :)

Thanks again everybody ;)

Back