How Do I Clean Install G3 os

Spectz

Registered
I just got this K7som+5.2c motherboard and pieced everything together,
But I,m having a hard time installing the G3 os that I got with the computer.
Someone Please help.

If you're talking about getting OSx86 installed on that x86 motherboard, you won't get any answers....it's against the board rules to talk about illegal software. Not my rules....those are the moderator's rules.

I dont know what that is, I'm new to Mac. I'm just trying to figure out how to install the g3 os on to a g2 system

The short answer to your question is what you are attempting is impossible.

The long answer is the K7som+5.2c motherboard is a PC motherboard using either an Intel or Intel clone microprocessor. The OS X you got with your G3 Mac physically cannot run on a PC motherboard or with an Intel or Intel clone processor. In fact it will only install on the same model logic board (Macs have logic boards not motherboards) that came in the G3 chassis in the first place and is only compiled to run with an IBM/Motorola Power PC microprocessor on a logic board that has Apple's proprietary firmware and architecture.

The newest Macs do use an Intel processor, but the operating system and all the applications have to be recompiled and all the kernel extensions (drivers) rewritten to be compatible with the Intel processor and architecture. In addition, Apple uses some Intel technology essential to the operation of OS X that is not used in PCs or available on your PC motherboard. While there were some workarounds temporarily posted, those are considered illegal and cannot be discussed on this or an other reputable Mac forum. Or for that matter any forum that does not wish to invest large sums of money defending themselves in court because Apple will and has already brought suit over this very issue.

Apple is first and foremost a hardware manufacturer and they are not going to permit anything that will endanger that area of their business.

Back