How to fix two annoying little things?

aluminum

Registered
There are two things, in particular, that REALLY bug me in OSX and I was wondering if there is a way to turn these 'features' off.

First of all, when I click on the desktop, or any open app, I'd like ALL of that apps windows to come to the front. Some of the apps have a menu option to do that, but no keyboard command. Is there a shortcut/trick that will accomplish this? I hate having to click on the desktop, then go to WINDOW and read through the 10 windows that are open to find the one to bring to the front.

Second of all, whenever I rename a file's extension, it has to ask me 'are you sure?' That is SO windowsesque. I can't believe Apple did that. Anyways, is there a way to get rid of this ever-so-annoying warning?

Thanks!

can't help with the warning off the top of my head but getting ASM will bring back the windows feature you want. of course it also puts the os 9 style application switcher back in the right hand corner, but all you have to do is not use that. should be at www.macupdate.com and www.versiontracker.com

Ed:

ASM is great! Thanks! Now all my windows come to the front as they should!

Also, while looking for ASM, I found PTHClock...that fixed the annoying default clock in OSX...

Back