how to reformate a partition?

lor

Registered
im trying to reformate one of my HD partitions, thing is im kinda new to mac and the vocab used in disk-utility is al new erase, RAID or restore?? i just wanna reformate an NTFS partition into HFS
thank you

Erase should do it. Does the HD show up on the left in Disk Utility? Sometimes it will show the HD and then underneath it in hierarchy you'll see the partition of the drive. Click on the upper-most hard drive listing and you should see another tab called Partition. There, you can specify partitions if you want more than one partition in your computer. Unless you're dual-booting with something else, you shouldn't need to do this. Some people actually create two partitions to hold X and 9 seperately, but I don't think it's necesary. All you need to do is select Erase and you should be good.

If you are going to have OS 9 also for Classic mode, then be sure that when you format it that you select to include the Mac OS 9 drivers so that the drive can be recognized by OS 9 and Classic mode under OS X.

couldn't format it coz it was in NTFS and it wudnt do anythin but cleared the partition in windows n then reformated in osx, thanx tho :)

Sorry bobw. I didn't notice that it was in the wrong section. Was just trying to help the person in question. :eek:

Back