How to sell my ibook???

djreactor

Registered
I have a ibook G3 700 that is still, well sort of working.. The screen flickers and gets all garbled when you move it.. I think of stripping it for parts on ebay or selling it as is on ebay...
What should I do??
Parts?
Strip it?

I'd sell it together. Yes, you can get money for parts, but you'll probably get more for the whole machine - it's in pretty good condition, from what you've said. Probably needs a new board..
See if you're covered by this, it'll be worth a lot more working:
http://www.apple.com/support/ibook/faq/

Garage Sale is a fun, iLife-like app that creates nice-looking eBay auctions. The first 10 you make with it are free.

I have a ibook G3 700 that is still, well sort of working.. The screen flickers and gets all garbled when you move it.. I think of stripping it for parts on ebay or selling it as is on ebay...
What should I do??
Parts?
Strip it?

We've found that older laptops with smashed or damaged screens can make nice file or email servers. It doesn't suck that they have built-in battery backups either!

If there's an Apple store nearby, you might want to try to bring it in. The programs ended march, or 3 years from when you bought the unit, whichever is longer. It's worth a try.
The program covers affected iBooks for three years after the first retail sale of the unit or until March 18, 2005, whichever provides longer coverage for you. Apple will continue to evaluate the repair data and will provide further repair extensions as needed.

And I think it would be an idea to add a redirect for this thread to the for sale part of Macosx.com - who knows what people are buying ..

Djreactor, where around the world are you? I know some people who would be interested in iBooks, around Europe.
Do you know when your iBook was first bought?

That 14 inch screen makes the laptop a lot more valuable than the 12-inch. A working iBook of those specs goes for about $500 USD (on a good day), you can probably expect $200-300, with the right bidders. If you bought the machine in late 2003, or 2004, bring it in ASAP to get it repaired, it'll be worth a lot more, the program covers until march OR three years after the first retail sale of the unit, whichever is longer. You'll never know till you try..

Back