How to stop iPod from updating?

voice-

Registered
Here's my problem:
Whenever I connect my iPod to my Mac while iTunes 3 is on, I'm requested to download iPod software 1.2.
I don't want it, I'm perfectly happy with having good battery in 1.1 (something which 1.2 does not have).
How do I get iTunes to stop bugging me about this? I liked the menus of 1.2, but the clock killed the battery, and it's just not worth it...

First, set the software updates for iPod to inactive in your software update program.

Then, open your /Library/Reciepts and remove (and for safety's sake archive) the iPod update package.

That *might* do the trick.

Nope. Did both things and iTunes still informs me that the newer and supposedly better software is out...

Now I can play it on and off for 2 days at school between charges, with 1.2 I couldn't leave it alone over night without it running low on juice the next morning...

I have the same problem with my iPod since I updated to the new software. I really have noticed a change in power consumption, and it's really annoying. Is it possible for me to go back to the previous release? I'll probably lose calendar features though, right?

Gia, yes, turn it off, then turn it on...it's counted the seconds till that...

Penguin, run the 1.1 upgrade again, itall wipe out everything (music, files, everything)
I suggest copying all contents on the disc, which you can see from Finder, to another folder, and the re-insert it when you're done...

Back