How to sync 2 macs (+ idevices)

Skai

Registered
Hi,

I wish to synchronize content from iCal and other appz between 2 macs, and if possible with idevices too.

I'm not sure of what application to use, icloud would be the best option but I have to do it very soon, so I can't wait until it goes live, and MobileMe doesn't take new members...

I've been told that several applications could help me but I'm not sure what's the best one:
Chronosync
DropBox (the guy told me: "you probably could with some creative use of 3rd party cloud solutions like DropBox")
itunes (apparently useful to sync between mac and idevices, but between 2 macs and idevices?)
SyncTwoFolders

Any new idea or advice on what could be the best application would be much appreciated, free applications and paying ones, it doesn't matter as long as it does the job ;)
And if you know a good tutorial for the application in question it would be great.

Thanks

I use google services whereever I can, and iCal syncronizes beautifully with google calendar. http://www.google.com/sync/mac.html

I also use Dropbox, I use it only for folder sync, and for that it works nice

R

Hi,

I wish to synchronize content from iCal and other appz between 2 macs, and if possible with idevices too.

I'm not sure of what application to use, icloud would be the best option but I have to do it very soon, so I can't wait until it goes live, and MobileMe doesn't take new members...

I've been told that several applications could help me but I'm not sure what's the best one:
Chronosync
DropBox (the guy told me: "you probably could with some creative use of 3rd party cloud solutions like DropBox")
itunes (apparently useful to sync between mac and idevices, but between 2 macs and idevices?)
SyncTwoFolders

Any new idea or advice on what could be the best application would be much appreciated, free applications and paying ones, it doesn't matter as long as it does the job ;)
And if you know a good tutorial for the application in question it would be great.

Thanks

Back