HP 6100 All In One, scanner wont work

falket

Registered
I have recently been convinced to buy a MacBook Pro, an excellent machine that I am learning to use, but I discovered that my HP 6100 All In One printer,scanner,fax,copier, only work on printing but the scanner will not work at all.
I searched inside HP support and find out that HP for the MAC OS 10.5 Leopard only developed the printer driver on HP 6100 but none for the scanner. They suggest that I should buy a new HP All In One HP 6310.
I had 3 long discussion with HP support & Customer Care, but the conclusion remain the same. i.e. I should throw away a very good functioning machine with Window and for the MAC I should buy a new machine. WHAT A WASTE, i said.

I used the HP6100 scanner with W.XP and Acrobat.5 writer scanning documents etc. The machine is in line as we use it among 5 member family, it has an ethernet 10/100 connection via router US Robotics.

The scanner functions only on VUESCAN software connected via USB and MacBook Pro, but I would need to use it with Ethernet+Router, any suggestion ??
thanks and regards.
Paolo

Hi

No, sorry my next suggestion would be Vuescan, but you already have that, my experience with network scanning is not great, I find you usually need to direct connect via USB to scan.
Ed

Back