I book g4 acting weird

animebabe

Registered
My baby lil miss ibook g4 is acting weird.I bought it from a lady at work a few months back she said it had less then 200 hours of use and was only used as a demo.

Its been great.Untill lately. It has been slower that rainbow will spends longer then normal.It actually froze today no rainbow will it just stood still with the cursor.

The cursor vanished once on the left side of the page.I could not see it,I did have other pages open aswell.

The really weird issue is I was on u tube.The music didnt play,I put headphones in and could hear music so I took head phones out and it started playing again.

I love my mac........the only thing I can think and I feel so embaressed admiting this.I had a very very very rough day at work the other day I put the top down kinda hard.Later I got back on crying and the computer finger curser thingy ate some tears.It acted a little strange after the tear fell in there........

Am I just picking it apart or does this seem like weird mac behavior?

I was a little slow to update it and let it go a few days for java and something else...

Now the music thing happened after I updated........

TIA

How much RAM does it have and what OS are you running? The speed problems could be because of low amounts of RAM. I don't about the mouse and sound problems. Maybe for sound you should try hooking up external speakers.

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to start up in "Safe Mode". I believe safe mode will run fsck (disk check) to make sure the data on the hard drive is okay.

As #1 Rhapsody wrote in the prev. message, it would help if we knew how much mem you have and what operating system. Click on the Apple menu in the upper left corner of your screen, and click on "About this Mac." Do you have 10.2, 10.3, 10.4, or 10.5?

How much memory?

Bot

the problem is probably with your hard drive. It doesn't matter what mem you have or what operating system you have, if you notice a large change in how it operates, without you changing something big, like adding 40GB of music or pouring a smoothie into the keyboard. The tears are probably nothing - though a problem of their own sort I'm sure - damaging to the computer.

If you are still interested (this is an old thread) post another message and I'll help you check a few other things.

it sounds like your having the extremely common ibook g4 video chip..... it sounds like it might be starting to go out, but i could be wrong, it could be your hard drive, or the ram as previously stated

Back