I have given up!

b4tn

Registered
I am tired of having to change my swap file info everytime my volumes change. (like adding a flash card etc..) Every time I add a volume the drive assighnment changes and my swap file gets dumped on a random drive. This last time it got dumped on my 0s9 drive. This made classic not work because system took control. So I fixed the drive changes in the terminal, upon reboot it completely erased my os9 drive! I changed everything back to normal! I didnt notice a difference any way huphf! (sour grapes)

for the record. all this program does is make the excact same changes that can be made easily from the terminal in pico. after installing it and inserting a new volume things got messed up just like before.

I'm a bit confused here. I have a dedicated swapfile partition, and it has never moved around. Any time I cd to that partition, there sits swapfile0.
By "adding a volume," you mean like inserting a CD or zip disk? I have done this often without my swapfile being moved. Or does it only happen when you boot up with a new volume added?

only seems to happen when i reboot with a new volume inserted. (compact flash or zip) after a reboot terminal gets all confused and lists my drives weird for instance. swap drive will be named swap 1 os9 drive will be named swap 0 and there will be a volume I cant list called 0. but in changes every time I reboot to something slightly different. because there names are changing the swap file hack looses track of the drive it is assigned I am guessing.

Back