I lost my contacts

Selahglobal

Registered
Is there anyone out there that can help me. I was trying to sync my Blackberry Storm to my address book in my mac book pro and it wiped out my address book. I have no contact there anymore. Who do I retrieve my contacts?

From your AddressBook backup, or from your Time Machine or other backup.

Or from your other device that has them all still, or from your .mac/me service that could have them all.

I once lost EVERY single US format phone number I had in my AddressBook, and every single contact that contained them. That was not fun to try to recover.
After that incident, before I do any sync with it, or even without, at least once a month I use the backup option. AddressBook > File > Edit > Export > Address Book Archive...
While some contacts may be recoverable exporting them from other services (LinkedIn, Facebook etc, whatever you use) they would not contain them all.
Good luck.

I didnt have my computer online when the accident happened.
So - I logged to .mac and recoved my month old contacts from there - and most others were lost.
Since then -- backup once a month AND once before any sync to any device.
Of course many contacts would be in LinkedIn or Facebook etc but I don't trust to hold the data + not all contacts and details are there of course.

Back