iBook G4 dropped, screen having issues

Kathleen Leeper

Registered
Ugh. My iBook G4 fell about two feet on to a hardwood floor tonight. When it fell, it landed on its left side.

It restarted, and all seemed well, until I went on the Internet -- then my screen turned primarily turquoise in places on the page where it should usually be white. (Like in the box I am currently typing and when I am on the Google homepage.)

I have since also noticed that my cursor, while it is in the shape of an arrow, has a red center instead of a solid black one. A few of my other icons also appear to have a slight red border around them.

It appears I am having a red/blue issue.

I also noticed that when my computer is in startup on the blue screen (with the grey apple icon in the center of the page) there are two thin, faint, white parallel lines running down the length of the screen.

At one point, I believed the problem was fixed. While on the Internet, the problem disappeared altogether! But as I applied pressure to the keyboard area the blue/red problem reappeared.

So, I took the keyboard panel off and everything looked ok under there.

I popped the battery out from underneath all looked ok.

Nothing is rattling or loose inside, that I can hear anyway.

That was the best I could do for now, I don't seem to have the right tool to open the guts of the computer up for a real look inside.

Am I a goner? Or have you seen/heard this one before?

Thanks for reading.

Back