iCal alarm notification not working

debug

Registered
hello,
I wonder if somebody might have some information on this . None of my alarms seem to work ( am using "message" only ) I have reinstalled the app. but the problem still exists. Using the console I am getting the following :

2004-01-29 11:54:20.607 iCal[607] *** -[NSCFString setTimeZone:]: selector not recognized
2004-01-29 11:54:20.608 iCal[607] *** NSThread: ignoring exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException' (reason '*** -[NSCFString setTimeZone:]: selector not recognized') that raised during delayed perform of target 0x468880 and selector 'setupRepositories'
2004-01-29 11:54:56.091 iCal[607] *** -[NSCFString setTimeZone:]: selector not recognized
2004-01-29 11:54:56.092 iCal[607] Exception raised during posting of notification. Ignored. exception: *** -[NSCFString setTimeZone:]: selector not recognized

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Go to your home>Library>Preferences and trash the following:
com.apple.iCal.plist
com.apple.iCal.AlarmScheduler.plist
com.apple.iCal.sources.plist

Of course, quit iCal before you do this. Then empty the trash, start iCal. set your alarms.

Cheryl said:
Go to your home>Library>Preferences and trash the following:
com.apple.iCal.plist
com.apple.iCal.AlarmScheduler.plist
com.apple.iCal.sources.plist

Of course, quit iCal before you do this. Then empty the trash, start iCal. set your alarms.
Thanks Cheryl Wow that was fast

sadly ical is not creating the "com.apple.iCal.AlarmScheduler.plist"
very strange. I am using iCal 1.5.2 on panther.Is this normal ?
Thanks in advance for your help

debug said:
Thanks Cheryl Wow that was fast

sadly ical is not creating the "com.apple.iCal.AlarmScheduler.plist"
very strange. I am using iCal 1.5.2 on panther.Is this normal ?
Thanks in advance for your help

I had exactly the same problem until yesterday. I tried everything that was suggested on here, deleted all the files and reinstalled etc.\

In the end, all I did was delete all my calenders and start again. That worked. God knows how, but it did!

jonparadise said:
I had exactly the same problem until yesterday. I tried everything that was suggested on here, deleted all the files and reinstalled etc.\

In the end, all I did was delete all my calenders and start again. That worked. God knows how, but it did!

Well you found the answer jonparadise.Thanks very much for sharing it.I noticed , that even when I deleted the iCal caches which contain your calendars , that they would still return on a fresh install of iCal . The key is to delete your calendars right from the app. itself. Thanks again

debug said:
Well you found the answer jonparadise.Thanks very much for sharing it.I noticed , that even when I deleted the iCal caches which contain your calendars , that they would still return on a fresh install of iCal . The key is to delete your calendars right from the app. itself. Thanks again

Thats exactly what I noticed. So in the end I thought 'bugger this' and just deleted the lot! It seems to be like one of those times when just switching a PC off solves it's problems. ;o)

Glad you're sorted now.

I just ran into this problem, after upgrading to 10.3.3. I cut and pasted an existing entry – the alarm options stay with it and all you have to do is change the details. Easier than deleting.

Back