ical ical ical!!!

hotrattz

Registered
hey y'all
so where do i get ical from? I've got 10.2 and everything but i can't find ical! the apple support page doesn't have a download at all either does version tracker, is it even out yet?

thanks
hotrattz

If iCal is anything like iChat...I won't be holding my breath for very long...

How can anyone build an IM without ICQ support?? Its a virtue to message with AOL people? Hmmm...never heard that before.

Originally posted by übermac®™

How can anyone build an IM without ICQ support??

I'm with you there!! I can't stand AIM.

Although I think I will get quite a bit of use out of ical when I do get it

iChat is just plain worthless anyway. Adium so so far superior in design its not even funny.

as far as iCal goes, i used a beta version of it and its really cool.

Apple needs to redesign iChat though.

...but I like iChat just fine. It certainly has a few bugs. Those will be fixed. Most of my chat partners are (currently) AOL, so other chat protocols are not important to me. Hopefully iChat was designed with the idea of (future) plug-ins in mind. I'd be utterly amazed if they had not thought of that.

iChat is ok but i think it needs more services like Yahoo! For what it does it seems to work well.

iCal is sweet from what i've seen so far!! I just wanna know how to publish my calender on my website. Non .Mac and what's WebDAV?

Twister

You had better be able to publish your calendars as plain html files so you can serve them off of your built in Apache webserver.... if apple makes it .Mac only I'll be ticked!

You can publish to a WebDAV enabled webserver. Whether the local Apache server is WebDAV enabled I do not know. The .mac service is. There seem to be few web hosting services that are. It is apparently quite easy to do w/Apache.

I can not wait for iCal and Isync.... And I love iChat and have NO interest in ICQ. If they support it for other people then that is ok, but I could car less.

Matthew

I heard that the iChat update includes a port for Yahoo Messenger. Hopefully ports for other protocols will be available in future releases...

Originally posted by ccuilla
You can publish to a WebDAV enabled webserver. Whether the local Apache server is WebDAV enabled I do not know. The .mac service is. There seem to be few web hosting services that are. It is apparently quite easy to do w/Apache.
If you are running your own Apache on your Mac OS X box, this is now problem:
The WebDAV extension is integrated, and you just have to activate it in your httpd.conf

There is a thread around somewhere where it is explained how to do it.

Running on a Linux box, the chance is that the mod_webdav is not integrated, but you can easily add it. Apache 2.0 has WebDAV integrated into the core.

WebDAV stands for "Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning" and you could say that it is like a filesystem over HTTP (At least that is how Apple uses it for .Mac and iCal, though there is more that WebDAV is really capable of).

For more info about WebDAV, visit http://www.webdav.org

Originally posted by robobok
I heard that the iChat update includes a port for Yahoo Messenger. Hopefully ports for other protocols will be available in future releases...

That would ROCK!

Where did you hear it?

Twister

why should they include yahoo and nothing else? it'll either have a plugin mechanism or just plain old AIM. it's a pity, really, but the app rocks all the same. (i'm converting everybody around me to AIM, dunno, gotta love iChat).

oh, and please don't name a thread 'ical ical ical' if it's not released yet. give it a FITTING name like: "where can i find ical? i'm too dumb to read..."

Back