iCal sharing on OS X Server

bartszyszka

Registered
Hello. I have an OS X Server (Tiger) setup at my office and I'm having trouble getting WebDAV to work so we can share password-protected iCal calendars instead of using .Mac. This worked fine before, but the harddrive on that computer broke so I had to reinstall the server recently and I can't get iCal to work properly anymore. The calendars publish just fine the first time and you can even subscribe to them and it works the first time, but if you close iCal and reopen it, all the calendars get an exclamation point and seem to loose their login info.

I enabled the mod_auth.c module and tried disabling and enabling mod_auth_apple.c but that doesn't seem to make a difference. Eventually after you close and reopen iCal, the calendars get red exclamation points. In the access log, those calendars get a 304 on the GET command and then in the error log it says: [Tue Jul 25 11:46:06 2006] [error] [client SERVER_IP] user OUR_USERNAME: authentication failure for /ical/laurel.ics: password mismatch

But that doens't make sense because the first time the password does work and it gets an updated calendar. I tried it again, adding a new entry, having someone login to see if they get it, and they got my updated entry.

Please let me know if there's any other info I can provide to help you solve this problem. Thanks!

Back