iMac DV Processor Upgrade???

BrianL74

Registered
I have a Ruby iMac DV G3 400Mhz and would like to upgrade it to a G4 and/or a faster processor speed.

Does anyone know of an upgrade that is available or going to be sometime soon?

I am aware of the upgrade cards for the older iMac models (Rev. A-D) already.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Brian@CaprockDrillDesign.com

I've moved the thread to the wrong forum (because the _other_ had to go here...). Sorry. Can someone move this to Hardware, please?

Originally posted by fryke
I've moved the thread to the wrong forum (because the _other_ had to go here...). Sorry. Can someone move this to Hardware, please?

done :)

And, uhm, to answer your question, no, sorry, the iMac's processor is soldered directly on the motherboard and can't be replaced. If you're good at soldering and want to risk having to replace the motherboard, though, you can overclock it :)

Powerlogix just announced they are working on an upgrade for the non-upgradable iMacs. Believe it when I see it.

Originally posted by natedog
Powerlogix just announced they are working on an upgrade for the non-upgradable iMacs. Believe it when I see it.

And where does it plug in? The FireWire port? :p

yeah! it plugs in to the firewire 800 port! oh wait how would we upgrade our iMacs to have FW800 :eek: :eek: :eek:
thats the thing that sucks with iMacs and Notebooks, all we can upgrade is memory :rolleyes: :mad:

Originally posted by Jet

thats the thing that sucks with iMacs and Notebooks, all we can upgrade is memory :rolleyes: :mad:

That is, without voiding the warranty. If you go a step further, sure you can do just as much with an iMac or notebook as with a PowerMac :D

Man, I would be one happy camper if they came out with an upgrade. I can do everything I want on my iMac DV. I just wish it were faster. Go Powerlogix, go......

Back