Image Capture monitoring password?

maddys_daddy

Registered
I love the new sharing and monitoring features in Panther, with one major annoyance: When I connect to my camera through image captures web interface, wether from the powerbook the camera is connected to, or any other computer, I can't change the monitor update interval. Whenever I try, by hitting the "Set" button after changing the interval, I'm prompted for a username and password. It mays seem obvious that I should enter the share name and password I chose through Image Capture's sharing prefs, but this doesn't work. Disabling password doesn't work. Entering the username and password of a powerbook user doesn't work. So I can't change the interval. I'd really like to use this feature so that I can use my Canon A70 as a webcam (i.e. updates every 5-10 secs), since I can't use my Samsung Camcorder like I could with Windows (a major source of anti-Apple bitterness and discontentment for me). The 60 sec default update interval just doesn't cut it. Does anyone else have this problem, or at least a solution for it?
Thanks!

Back