craig

Registered
Cons..
*interface hanging up as much as iPhoto1
**keeps losing contact w/Cam_SonyDCRTRV20

Pros..
_interface change is cool
_new effects are ok

i haven't been in it long .. heading back in now..
late!c

OS X 10.2.3_6g30
g4Mystic2000_2x450_100MHzB_1.6gr
2MBL2C_FIRMWARE4.2.8f1

columbia :(

Hey, you beat me to it!

The UI is much better and you can resize the window now! (though it is very jerky even on a DP 1 Ghz). I have had no hangups though. The connection to iPhoto could be very useful I think. iDVD too, but I have to wait for my CD for that.

The Ken Burns effect for stills is so so and just doesn't live up to the name! Since Apple blew it, let me tell you about a little $19 app (it was $10 when I got it) that simply blows away anything in iMovie or Final Cut for zooming and panning stills. Photo to Movie (http://lqgraphics.com/software/) lets you easily create pans and/or zooms of any length and save them as Quicktime or DV. It is the first time I have seen someone do this right - it is so easy and if you use the advanced options you have all the power I think anyone could need.

P.S. Even though I sound like a commercial, I have no affiliation with LQ Graphics - it is simply a great little program that I use all the time to work with stills. I mainly use FCP, but it's own still panning features are simply too much hassle.

Back