Importing CDs and Finder

Lord Maelstrom

Registered
After sucessfully installing Panther, I've come to love it.
But, there are two things I've noticed that aren't what they should be.

1) Whenever I import a CD, the songs are all screwed up. They just don't play; Either there is no sound at all or it stutters and stops. It worked fine yesterday(with Panther) and now it's all screwed up.
The one thing I did that involves audio was use headphones. I plugged in my headphones in the back, and later removed them. All of my other songs are fine. It's just the songs imported from CD's that don't work.
And the disks themselves are fine - they work perfectly in my CD player.
I'm pretty sure it's an iTunes problem. The songs work fine in Quicktime.

2) I don't have a search feature in Finder like I should. Do I need to activate it somehow?

For your second problem, you can customize the toolbar and add it. If it's not in a contextual menu (right- or control-click on the toolbar), it'll be in one of the main menus.

iTunes has a preference setting intended to help with problematic CD importing. "Use error correction when reading audio CDs." Try enabling this option. Try playing with the Import preferences also. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes, which is 4.2. If you continue to have problems there may be other issues.

You can customize the Finder toolbar by using the "Customize Toolbar" command in the Finder's View menu. (Show and hide the Finder toolbar with the toolbar button at the top-right of the Finder window.) Use the Find command in the Finder's File menu for more advanced searching.

Back