impossible to have path as finder window title?

AtomicDog

Registered
Hello, MacOSX forums!

Sometimes I would like to have the full path of the current directory as the title of the finder windows. I've searched the web, this forum, the forums at Apples site, and other forums. All I've found is this thread:

http://www.macosx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9091

It describes how to show the path in the terminal prompt, and how to make a applescript droplet that copies the path of a file to the clipboard (as I understand it, I have minimal knowledge of applescript). I also know that I can see the path by CMD-clicking on the finder window title, and that a button can be put in the window title bar that shows the path when clicked on.

None of these are exactly what I want. I want the path to the current directory to show, at all times, as the finder window title. Is this really impossible to do?

Does any of you mac/unix gurus know how? Anyone have a trick/hack/magic spell to do this?

Thanks,
AtomicDog

I don't know of a way to show it at all times, but you can always move the mouse over the folder name at the top of the window, hold down the command ( ⌘ ) key, then click the mouse button. That'll show you the path.

Back